Thursday, January 13, 2011

Noticing a trend?

Strago. Juneberry. Thinking about resurrecting my Green Autumn mittens from the pitiful bobbles that had them banned this fall. A coincidence? Unlikely. I think there is a definite trend. I am completely obsessed with Jared Flood right now. It might have something to do with how cold it has suddenly become in Texas. We got about an inch of snow and businesses -wait for it- lost power. My Northern soul laughs. My Texas neighbors shake their heads and steer clear of perfectly clear roads, for fear of ice. I don't think they know what it really looks like... I think the obsession with Brooklyn Tweed is due to how cozy his knits are. They are perfect for huddling up with; every one is beautifully simple to execute, the patterns never leave you scratching your chin and the end projects are effortlessly easy to wear. I particularly love his mittens. He's even made me change my mind about bobbles. Now that's something.

No comments:

Post a Comment