Thursday, January 20, 2011

1st Sweater of 2011

I bought this yarn back in November, at the Ravelry event in Austin. When I got it home, I decided that I didn't have enough for any full sweater (long sleeves, non-cropped length) I liked, so I began exploring the possibility of stripes. I have a bit of a stripe obsession. I love them. I really, really love them. Thus, Skinny Stripe was decided upon. I have wanted to knit this sweater ever since I saw it, years ago when I was a novice knitter. I even attempted it, with worsted weight yarn on size US 5's and withOUT carrying the nonworking yarn up the side...sigh. It was a disaster. You can imagine, I'm sure, how many tails I tried to weave in. It didn't work.

Since I only had the Como blue from Austin, I needed to order the contrast color. I ordered Primaverra from Webs, and nervously awaited to see if it would look the way I thought it would with my existing yarn. I waited with baited breath; what if they clashed, or what if I looked awful in the two colors together??? I started to pay way too much attention to when the mail was delivered to my apartment.

Yesterday, the anticipation was resolved. I love the colors together! As soon as I get to the stripes, I'll post a pic for your viewing pleasure!

1 comment:

  1. Stripes? They're not for my viewing pleasure. My pleasure would be seeing a turquoise lace shawl. Hmmm...what holiday were you knitting that for? Chanukah? Christmas? Martin Luther King?

    What's the chance of it for Ground Hog Day? Valentine's Day? Presidents Day?

    miss you...

    ReplyDelete