Tuesday, February 1, 2011

A Texan Snow Day

Pattern: Aeolian, Knitty Spring 09' Yarn: Fyberspates Scrumptious Lace Beads: Size 8

So today was a real, everything-closed-down snow day. Schools closed, the rink was closed. Texas doesn't have salt trucks, so the roads are complete sheets of ice. And this is what I have to show for the day. A beautiful red Aeolian shawl, fully beaded. I'm on the edge chart already (I cast on like maybe Friday) because I am hypnotized by the yarn, the beads, the pattern. The picture doesn't do this beautiful creation justice. The beads are brighter, the yarn redder... and yes, before you ask, it's a different red than my Juneberry and my Laminaria. I just really like red shawls. I have secret plans to wear this jewel to Cirque du Soleil's performance of OVO at the end of this month. (I have seats in the second row!! I can't wait!!) There's talk of another snow day tomorrow, so I might be done before long! Stay warm, and GO STEELERS!!

1 comment:

  1. shouldn't you be working on a turquoise shawl? I don't expect you to be a monogamous knitter but really...gotta finish that holiday knitting? what holiday was that? today is groundhog day and I'm afraid he lied again...

    enjoy the snow...

    ReplyDelete