Monday, October 25, 2010

Stashed!

How was Rhinebeck you lucky ducks? I am green with envy. I can hear your giggles at my indignity, so please stop. Anyway, above is my new pet. Isn't it a beauty?It's Scrumptious Lace by Fyberspates, in colorway 'Cherry'. I have big plans, but I'm not sure what they are yet for this pretty, pretty, pretty yarn. I was at the Shabby Sheep, my new LYS (but never replacing my old one, back in the 'burgh...you know who you are!) and this yarn just...spoke to me. It whispered, then when I put it back down, it became insistent and as I turned around, it screamed: "TURN AROUND, PUT THOSE OTHER MISERABLE SKEINS DOWN AND COME BACK!!!!!!!" It was so right, I didn't want those other skeins, they didn't glow like this one did. I just love red lace yarn. I love how it makes you feel, to wear a red scarf.

Oh, and BTW, I am in love with the beads too. I know, most of you have heard my feelings on bead knitting, but I didn't quite realize that beads come in sizes. I have been sticking big ol' size 6's on all of my lace projects, and that has led to my displeasure with the final project. These are size 8's, which when held up to the yarn, actually seem to fit the yarn. I need to find a mini crochet hook that fit through the holes though, the one they told me to buy in Arlington, TX was too big...

I'm thinking of doing Aphrodite with this yarn, but can't decide, what do you think?

1 comment:

  1. You'll need a Size 14 or so hook for those Size 8 beads. :)
    Rhinebeck was awesome! I had the best time. The weather was beautiful.
    Hope you're well. Miss you muchly!!

    ReplyDelete