Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Wandering

Hello,

So I think I need a new rechargeable battery for my camera, because it died over the weekend, and I was going to spend this evening photographing all of the knitting that I have done recently. For some reason, I have not kept onto of my ravelry page and that's no good, when y'all are far away. Anyway, the camera is charging right now, so if it's quick, I'll post again tonight, otherwise, let's aim for tomorrow!

What I am knitting currently, obsessively, is my Audrey. It's violet, like, crayola crayon purple. I love purple. I cannot believe how comforting it is to just knit, purl, repeat. I love all of the stockinette stitch. It might be a new trend for me, super easy, perfectly knit sweaters. Another good thing about the st st is that when my puppy starts to bite, I can basically toss the sweater out of harm's way and not worry about a cable uncrossing or lace un-yarn-overing.

I am also addicted to yarn coming to me in the mail. I just ordered 2 more skeins of the Elsebeth Lavold Cool Wool yarn from WEBS, and I must say, I was very impressed with the customer service there. I wrote to ask if they had my dye lot and they were very speedy in reply and miracle of all miracles, they had the dye lot and were super helpful and the yarn was in my mailbox only a couple of days later!! It's like Christmas to get yarn in the mail, so I am going to make finding precious yarn in my mail a habit, because I like Christmas and I like yarn. Here's a list of things that I have in mind to find in my mailbox:

1. Madelinetosh Prairie to make a Simplicity sweater. It only takes one skein!! I can't decide what color I like though...
2. Quince and Co. Lark to make Grove, the Jared Flood mittens. I'll make them so I can decide if I love the yarn enough to make a whole sweater in their "sorbet" colorway. I have to decide what sweater I will make, but it kinda makes sense to test the yarn before I decide, doesn't it?
4. Hedgehog Fibres Merino/Cashmere
5. Sanguine Gryphon Gaia Lace
6. Madelinetosh
7. Madelinetosh
8. Sweet Georgia Lace yarn, any, I can't decide. Possibly all... yes, all. Color? OMG
9. Miss Babs Yet

So, I have to go and eat mini chocolate chip muffins. Catcha later.

No comments:

Post a Comment