Wednesday, December 1, 2010

And the Count Down Begins

It is December 1st, which means that I have only a matter of days to finish 10 shawls in 2010; I am strangely behind on this. I have a game plan though. I am nearly finished with Amy's present for being a good friend (shawl #8) and I am half way through Anne's secret surprise (shawl #9). I have yarn for shawl #10, which I will finish ASAP, as it's small. I just have to decide on a pattern, but I've narrowed it down to a pattern that is striped. I am thinking either Daybreak by Stephen West or Romi Hill's new as yet unreleased striped shawl. We'll see.

I took a couple of days off the frantic gift/shawl challenge knitting (see how clever I was to combine the two? otherwise, I'd be busting my butt for two separate deadlines, although I have upped my deadline by a substantial bit; the shawls have to be done in time for Christmas gift giving.) to make myself a cowl to skate in. The rink is cold, and my neck is the only exposed skin. Scarves, like what everyone else at the rink has opted for, strangle me while I skate. I love scarves, but all of the extra motion of skating causes them to constrict around my throat, making me shorter for air than I'd like to be while exercising. I am very pleased with how it turned out, and while take a picture of it when I have both decent light and a willing camera-person.

On a different, non-knitting note, Happy Hanukkah!

No comments:

Post a Comment