Thursday, November 11, 2010

KnitPicks Palette

I bought some Palette last winter to make a stranded colorwork hat. You have never seen it because I was on the decreases for the top of the hat and realized that it was not going to fit me. I didn't get gauge. It got bundled up into the box that it came in, and has only recently resurfaced, because I want the yarn for another project. One of the reasons (besides that it does not fit, ahem) that I am willing to frog it is that I didn't quite like the colors I had chosen. Being an impatient person, I was not willing to wait for a sample card to come, I just ordered colors I liked and started to knit (forgoing the 'get gauge' instructions at the beginning of the pattern). Here's a nifty thing to keep me from not doing the same thing twice (I'm talking about the color choice thing, I've learned my lesson with gauge. Truly I have.). Go here. If you go there, you will see an option to download a pdf file of all the colors (it's under the 'inspiration' tab). It helps tremendously.

I know about the whole computer monitor-color thing, my computer monitor actually didn't do a bad job there, I tested the ball of Palette in my hand to the one on the screen. I was the one at fault.

Now, if only I could stay consistent with what project I have in mind, and what colors I actually want to use...but that's another day, obviously!

No comments:

Post a Comment