Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Riley's First Sweater


So, yesterday was really cold for Dallas. It rained all day, something Texans get really excited about. I always just look at them like they're crazy. I'm from Pittsburgh, it rains non-stop there. I get along great with my British coaches; they both have the same attitude about rain I do. Anyway, back to the knitting. I took Riley on a walk in the rain and first off I must say, my dog is not very brave. He's afraid of umbrellas (among other things, such as motorcycles, bananas and generally anything that goes 'boom'). Second, and more important, he got shivery because he was cold. My little puppy can't be cold. I won't have it. I now understand why my mother always wants me to wear a sweater. Riley's my baby and I hate to see him shiver. My knitting was called into action. I made Riley a little preppy green sweater to set off his ginger ears and was finished in a flash. It would have been a quicker flash if it had not been for a multitude of playtimes, demanded by the recipient of the sweater. He's good about wearing it, just not so good about putting it on. I see a whole wardrobe of little puppy sweaters in his future...

No comments:

Post a Comment