Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Cashmere, again

What do people think of using my Jojoland Cashmere 2-ply in a delicate lilac color to make Anne Hanson's beautiful Artichaut pattern? I have enough if I don't take back the second ball, which I never really thought I would do anyway; would you give back a ball of cashmere after you bought it? A silly thing to do, unless you need money for food. Although, cashmere is food for the soul, so maybe it's the same as buying food. I like that argument. I'll use it next time I pick up a ball of cashmere. Usually I don't even touch cashmere in my LYS because I know I can't afford it. Unless it's purple, then I touch it. And buy it. And love it. And knit it. I am not getting along with Juneberry, surely this is temporary and in a bit I will be typing my raves about that pattern (which I still think is really pretty and I want to knit), so maybe an $8 pattern is the surest fit for my dear, most beloved, treasured, perfect cashmere.

No comments:

Post a Comment