Saturday, July 17, 2010

FINISHED!!!!!!!!

Lilia has been carefully cast off using an Estonian bind off (the kind that Elizabeth Freeman recommends for Laminaria and Aeolian: k1, *k1 slip both back to left needle, k2tog, rep from * across) to match the bind off I used on all the edging points. It is blocking on the floor of our extended stay hotel room, on a clean sheet, of course! I love the ritual of blocking, though getting the perfect shape sometimes drives me crazy. I will post pics ASAP, because I know you're all dying to see it finished. I am. It took much longer than other shawls I have made, but I think the end result will be worth it. It was all I could do not to go out and knock on all the doors on our floor and demand that random strangers admire my knitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment