Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Summer Heat


Ladies and gentlemen, the moment you have all been waiting for: pictures of a finished Lilia! Shot on location at Grapevine Lake, Grapevine, Texas (just outside of Dallas). 108 degrees that day and the water was not much cooler. It was fun to sit and work on my tan though, especially with how little time I have to just chill...I need a different swimsuit though, when I untied my triangle bikini to get rid of those tan lines while maintaining modesty (at least to some degree), I swear, every boat on that lake was over to see how much of a tan I wanted! Anyway, I would have liked to take more pictures, but it was just so hot that the ones I do have barely got taken; I just didn't want to move.

I cast on for my Juneberry, got through chart 1 then hit chart 2. Chart 2's very, very complicated. You need your thinking cap on for that one, if it slips off even the smallest bit, you're doomed. Other people (including people I know) have made it through the treacherous waters of chart 2, but mentally I don't think I have it right now. I love the Juneberry shawl and will come back to it, but I need mindless, not mindful knitting...

No comments:

Post a Comment