Saturday, July 31, 2010

New Interweave Knits Magazine!!!

Interweave Knits is one of my favorite knitting magazines and I just got the new one!!! I got an email from Shabby Sheep, here in Dallas and checked the patterns out online. I fell head over heels in love with Carol Feller's Leitmotif cardigan and couldn't click on 'bonus pictures' fast enough!!! I feel like I have been searching for exactly this pattern for a long time and now I need to find the perfect yarn. Other patterns I like in this issue are the Bavarian Tulip mittens (which I think I have yarn for, back in PA), Leyfi pullover, Peavey cardigan (who doesn't love all the color combination possibilities that the plaid offers? and, I love Mercedes Tarasovich-Clark's Girl Friday cardigan from Knitty, so I'm biased.) and last but not least I like Hoarfrost Mobius (because who can deny the urge to knit with wire and have it look that beautiful?). Another thing I really like about this issue is how pretty some of the non-knitted clothes are, the blouse shown with the Williamsburg cardigan is really pretty, the dress shown with the Sea and Sky shrug is adorable and I like the shirt shown with the Running-Stitch skirt. I give this issue an A+.

My current Artichaut shawl is going really well, I am extremely happy with the marriage between pattern and yarn, the fuzzy cashmere with the uber lacy-ness is making it come out very, very girly, but in a very, very good way. I am on the 3rd repeat and believe I will have plenty of yarn to finish 6 repeats! Almost half way there, then!

No comments:

Post a Comment