Saturday, July 17, 2010

Love Poem to Cashmere

Love poems can be
full of sappiness
but this one's for
cashmere,
and happiness.

Soft as a bunny,
lighter than air
stitch definition
so clear,
there is no compare.

Cashmere, you beauty,
you fiber queen,
I love you so much,
though you make
my wallet lean!

That is the worst poem you've ever read, right? Well, it comes from the heart, so remember that as you laugh. Most love poems are a bit painful to read anyway...I can't spend too much time being a poet, I must knit! The inspiration came from my lovely Jojoland Cashmere 2 ply, which I am using to make Juneberry Triangle, by the talented Jared Flood. So far I have only got to row 8 of chart 1, because I had to spill forth the truth my heart yearned to have the world know about my feeling for cashmere in (horrible) poem form. I am very pleased so far, but that was a somewhat obvious statement, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment