Sunday, July 4, 2010

Sweet Lily Obsession



I have 8 more wedges to do on my Sweet Lily Shawl (Interweave Knits, Spring 2009)and I am super excited about this one! I am calling in 'Lilia', Russian for lily of the valley, because of the lace edging which repeats across the bottom of the shawl. The shawl is knit in wedges, using short rows, which were very confusing until I finished the 3rd wedge and wrote down how many sts remained unworked at the end of each row. After that, this project graduated from 'no talking while I count' to 'watch tv/chitter chatter' knitting.

The yarn, Madelinetosh Lace, came from my stash, it was bought in Vermont, at Kaleidoscope Yarns in Essex Junction. The shop is literally a house of yarn, with each room devoted to a different weight/fiber. I would really like to have a reason to get back there. Vermont is really far away from Plano, Texas though...Try 1 day and 5 hours away, through 8 states!

I love Mad Tosh. I love love love the colors! They are like colors straight out of a dream and they make me very happy whenever I see them at my LYS. The color I am using for Lilia is 'Thyme', though it reminded me more of parsley, like in Rapunzel. Not to brag at all, but it's the same color as my eyes! The fabric that the lace weight yarn knit on size US8s is delicate and feathery, almost like mousse. It feels delicious against my skin...sigh...

All of this writing has made me really want to get back to knitting, so I'll catch you later!

Oh, and Happy 4th!

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to have to look up that shawl now. Did I tell you we're getting Tosh Lace at the shop?? I'll send you some in the mail. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, let's try this again. Blogger wouldn't let me comment.

    I will have to look up the lily lace pattern. I think it is gorgeous in the thyme colorway! We are getting tosh lace at the shop. I'll have to send you some!!

    xo

    ReplyDelete